Friday Dec 04 2015
Stemming from our Feature 'Weekly Rotation' series we bring you the #FeatureTop7. The series highlights various sneakerheads along with their top footwear picks. This week we present Dj Zo's #FeatureTop7 which includes a variety of coveted sneakers including the Nike Air Yeezy 1 'Tan' and Adidas x UNDFTD x Bape ZX5000. Check out the full breakdown below along with a couple reasons as to why Zo chose these 7 sneakers.
1. Adidas x UNDFTD x Bape ZX5000 - "Three brands that I follow linked up to release some trainers. I was so hyped on release day that I waited in line two hours to secure my size. Little victories like this are what keep me hooked on the shoe game."
2. Nike Air Yeezy 1 Tan - "Around the same time [as] Kanye's Glow In The Dark Tour hit Vegas, there was this Nike Kobe Commercial. It featured Mike Epps playing DJ AM for these Yeezys in a game of HORSE. That was the moment I realized I needed these sneakers. I had to pay my unemployed friend $100 and multiple kicks to camp in line for 3 days just to cop."
3. Nike DJ AM Dunks - "These are part of a Nike Pack with DJ Premier AF1s. Both come with matching Serato Control Vinyls. DJ AM is one of the best to ever do it, and I was lucky to find a deadstock pair on VSH (local sneaker Facebook group) for $200.
4. Nike Supreme Foamposites - "Swift Boys. I was able to cop these at retail through the Supreme Web Store. But forever searching for the matching Nike shorts in XL."
5. Air Jordan White Laser IV - "Before raffles & RSVPs there was Jumpman23.com. These white lasers were online exclusives. They cost $200 & came with a matching hat and T-Shirt. The web store crashed on me but someone on Niketalk [forums] sent me the backdoor link.
6. Air Jordan XIII 'He Got Game' - "I was in 7th grade and watching the Bulls on WGN after school was the move. I wanted to "be like Mike" but [my] mom wasn't about to spend $150 on sneakers. So I saved every dollar I had and was able to finally buy them myself. Most of my sneaker collection are Air Jordan OG colorways. I-XVI"
7. Nike Air Penny II - "I had this huge Lil Penny Poster in my room with these sneakers. The whole campaign was great. Genius marketing targeted to the youth. Chris Rock as Lil Penny alongside Penny Hardaway in the awesome Nike commercials during Orlando Magic games. Easy sale."
- Kevin Sanchez